2.5-3 lb Smoked Pork Picnic, uncooked
· 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
· 3 Tbsp. Sugar
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped to chuck pieces
· 2 Tbsp. cooking wine
· 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar (or any kind of vinegar)
· 3 dry Bay leaves
· 3 slices of fresh ginger
· 1 Tsp. black pepper
1. Cut the smoked pork picnic to 1-inch cubes.
2. In a stock pot, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add all ingredients to the pot. Make sure to have enough water, water line should cover the meat. Add more water if needed. After bring to boil, reduce to the medium-high heat. Cover with the lid and simmer for one hour or until tender. Turn the heat on high to thicken the sauce.
3. Serve with rice, wrap with soft tortilla or just wrap with roman lettuce for healthy eating.
Add Mung Bean Starch Noodles to the port stew is one of my favorite Chinese food from northen China. This kind of noodle is made from beans and less calories than flour noodles. My dad makes the best pork stew and I learn from him.