Kale with spicy coconut sauce


I found this delicious and healthy recipe from Lyn-Genet Recitas' book named "the Plan". I have tested all other different diet ideas and plans to lose weight and I gained back later. With Lyn-Genet's plan, I eliminate the surprising "healthy" foods that are making me fat, and find the "friendly" food that help me lose weight without exercise. For the beginning of 3 detox days, I have lost 6 lbs! This is one of my favorite recipe...

Simple ingredients:
  • 1 can coconut milk (pls. don't use low-fat)
  • 1 large onion, chopped or sliced
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry sauce
  • 1 heaping Tbsp. brown sugar
  • pinch of salt to taste
  • 1 big bag of chopped kale, about 10-12 cups
  • 4-6 shiitake mushrooms, soften in the water and sliced
Easy to make:
  1. Saute onion and garlic in coconut milk. Add red Thai curry sauce, brown sugar and salt, reduce the heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes. (if you only cook small portion of kale, the sauce will hold for 5 days refrigerated , or can freeze it until ready to use).
  2. Add shiitake mushrooms and kale to the sauce, cook about 10 minutes or until the kale turn soft.

Note: kale and shiitake mushrooms are only 10% reactive foods with our body chemistry. They are "friendly" foods for me and surprisingly help me to lose weight.