Honey Pork 叉烧肉

I remember that my mom made me this Canton style Chai Su Pork when I was a kid. We placed the meat in between a steamed bread or Chinese style pancake...Mmmmm...so yummy! I tried with other parts of the pork, and the pork belly is the best for this dish...some juicy fat with skin. Warning: don't try to make this dish if you don't eat pork with fat.

Simple ingredients:
  • 2 lb. pork belly, cut into thick stripes
  • 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
  • 2 green onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 slices ginger
  • 1/4 cup light soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • Water
Easy to make:
In a large saucepan, heat cooking oil on high and brown the pork on all sides. Add all other seasonings and enough water to cover the meat. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer until the sauce reduced and thicken. Turn occasionally to coat the sauce on both sides. Remove from heat after meat is cooked and cool. Slice to desired pieces.